TERMS & CONDITIONs
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each tour description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form.
2. The balance of the tour price is due 6 weeks prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach Nordic Light Photo Tours by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 10 weeks or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing. The date on which the email is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total tour price, and are as follows: 90% - 42 days before departure 50%; 41 - 28 days before departure 75%; 27 days or less before departure 100%. Nordic Light Photo Tours will work with you in good faith.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing / email and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us. At 90 days or less before departure cancellation fees will also apply (see clause 3 above).
5. Nordic Light Photo Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative tour (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Nordic Light Photo Tours.
6. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the tour will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will work with you on making your tour also a success.
10. Where airport/hotel transfers are included in the cost of the tour, such transfers are only included when participants travel to the specified airport as stated in the tour description. Participants arriving or departing on different flights than recommended, will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and Nordic Light Photo Tours is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. See clause 14.
11. The type of tours we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and photo tour description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
12. Nordic Light Photo Tours does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the participant(s.
14.The Client at the time of making the booking with Nordic Light Photo Tours represents that not only the Client but all individuals in the party are fit to travel.
15. Nordic Light Photo Tours reserve the right to assess whether the Client or any individuals in the particular party can be safely accommodated on the tour. Nordic Light Photo Tours has absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the tour.
16. Nordic Light Photo Tours reserve the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel (when applicable).
17. Please note that suitably qualified medical personal do/will not accompany the Photo Tours. Neither Nordic Light Photo Tours or any of their employees are equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Nordic Light Photo Tours to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the tour. Nordic Light Photo Tours will work with you in good faith but will not take any responsibility or whatsoever.
18. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Nordlc Light Photo Tours will work with you in good faith.
19. It is a term of the contract between Nordic Light Photo Tours that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you participate on this photo tour. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas tours), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
20. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by Nordic Light Photo Tours on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc. is given in good faith.
21. By completing this online booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who completes the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it (making a note in the description), so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
22. German law is applicable and prevails.